Coherent, Efficacious, Smart and Compliant
Uurnik’s Network Automation Service
Practice smartness, agility, security and compliance across your physical, virtual, and SDN infrastructure.
Uurnik Automate, is an industry-leading network automation and configuration practice that smoothens network operations and helps to identify & address vulnerabilities across thousands of devices in the shortest period of time. Network administrators will rapidly take corrective actions to reduce the risk of breaches and avoid network outages. It helps improve efficiency and network agility in support of adjusting business desires, by standardizing and automating tasks like configuration changes or compliance audits.
With a consolidated approach, IT employees can manage physical and virtual network devices, as well as SDN infrastructures, across most major platforms—improving network agility and ensuring compliance to maximize health.
In our experience customers have been more welcoming than expected.
Why A Service-Based Model?
Generally, network automation is rolled out in a project-based & time-bound engagement model. At Uurnik, we believe that identifying repetitive tasks, managing application policies and vulnerability handling followed by their automation isn’t usually possible in a single pass. Repeated cycles of the automation procedures and changing demands ask for constant support. Therefore, a service-oriented model suits better.
As part of the service, we automate manual & repetitive tasks, optimize existing network services and even enable the usage of new and innovative features in your existing platforms. The service helps close the window of vulnerability with native, scanless detection of security risks in real-time and one-touch rule generation for vulnerabilities and remediation actions.
It’s been observed that automation is only meaningful when its followed by repeatability, consistency and validation. We believe that a continual service is the best proposition to ensure the latter three.
What to Automate?
When organizations start determining what to automate, some of the common answers are:
- Service provisioning
- Basic access control– ACLs
- Layer-2 provisioning – VLANs, etc.
- Firewall rules
Yes, the above ones are good to start with but what if we throw the below into the mixture:
- Consistency Checks
- Routing adjustments
- Failure remediation
To develop a better understanding, let’s look at the tasks that can be automated in the case of a mass roll-out e.g. remote branch-site hardware refresh:
- Building topology map using device discovery
- Topology check
- Final software upgrade
- Final configuration checks
- Security setup
What, How and Why?
- Automation of build
- Automate Equipment Staging
- Automation of tests: check Layer-2/3 neighboring devices, latency, etc.
- Automated nightly test runs: wiring, connectivity, traffic flows, failovers
- Changing network configuration and state validation, error handling and unit tests
- Large-Scale Firewall deployments-complex and lots of security policies
- Zero Touch Provisioning: check topology, upgrade firmware, deploy configurations, etc.
- Configuration developed according to business needs
- Device configurations generated from templates and data models
- Collect, optimize and store configuration
- Version control
- Automated staging and testing
- Automated configuration deployment (including rollback on errors)
- Status reporting
Simple Read-only Reports
- Central repository for network resources e.g. sites, devices, interfaces, IP addressing, etc.
- Network diagrams
- Topology generation
- Helps in troubleshooting
- Mass-connectivity roll-outs
- Less iterations of reviews, review templates not every single deployment
- Complex Roll-outs – Service deployment involving multiple entities & based on backend services database
- Migration time improved
Ease in Management & Maintenance:
- Provide dashboards to monitor behavior
- Alert on certain messages or thresholds
- Use as trigger for automated actions
Uurnik Automate – Tools
Traditional tools include configuration templates and IP address management in
spreadsheets, configuration files or SSH-based API. At Uurnik we employ the below:
RCS, CVS, SCCS
Based on our experience and research, we have distinguished which tool fits best for which particular need and in which environment/platform.
Why Choose Us
Most comprehensive monitoring for conventional & modern infrastructures
Repairing Time Improvement
Fewer Service Desk Tickets
Faster Cloud Adaptation Rate
Contact Us To Schedule A Free Consultation
Let us transform your IT network so you can transform your business